Telpay is thrilled to be celebrating the second year of our wildly successful Save a Tree-Plant a Tree Program. In partnership with Tree Canada, when a Telpay customer makes 100 electronic bill payments, Telpay will plant a tree in one of the 5 designated Tree Canada regions throughout our country.
Congratulations to all our customers for reaching the milestone. By switching to electronic payments, not only do our customers enjoy the convenience of going cheque free, but they are also doing their part for the planet.
How Trees Make a Difference
Here are 5 reasons, why trees are important:
- Trees help remove atmospheric CO2 from the air, which makes the air more breathable and reduces the Greenhouse effect.
- Trees have medicinal uses. In fact, 1 of 4 pharmaceutical products is plant-based.
- Trees’ root systems help prevent soil erosion, which prevents water pollution.
- Trees planted in fields shield against wind and snow and help protect crops.
- Trees provide shade that cools water, benefiting certain species of fish, plus their roots and branches provide space for fish to hide from predators
On Thursday, September 18, Telpay hosted the first annual Telpay for Trees Event at FortWhyte Alive in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Partnering with Tree Canada through their Partners In Planting Program, the event was in support National Tree Day. A country wide celebration for all Canadians to appreciate the benefits that trees provide us, that include clean air, wildlife habitat, beauty and connecting with nature. Continue reading
Switching from cheques to electronic payments is not only a smart business decision but it is also good for the environment.
When you switch to electronic payments you are no longer using paper products such as cheques, envelopes and stamps. You can even reduce CO2 emissions when you no longer need to drive around for signatures or for couriering cheques.
In honour of Earth Day and to reinforce our commitment to a healthier environment, Telpay is pleased announce our Save a Tree – Plant a Tree Program, in partnership with Tree Canada!
Planting Trees with Telpay
Every time a Canadian business replaces cheques with electronic payments by Telpay, we will celebrate their 100th bill payment by having Tree Canada plant a tree in their honour. Customers will also receive a certificate recognizing their donation and will be listed on our website as a ‘Telpay Green Partner’.