Telpay is thrilled to be celebrating the second year of our wildly successful Save a Tree-Plant a Tree Program. In partnership with Tree Canada, when a Telpay customer makes 100 electronic bill payments, Telpay will plant a tree in one of the 5 designated Tree Canada regions throughout our country.
Congratulations to all our customers for reaching the milestone. By switching to electronic payments, not only do our customers enjoy the convenience of going cheque free, but they are also doing their part for the planet.
How Trees Make a Difference
Here are 5 reasons, why trees are important:
- Trees help remove atmospheric CO2 from the air, which makes the air more breathable and reduces the Greenhouse effect.
- Trees have medicinal uses. In fact, 1 of 4 pharmaceutical products is plant-based.
- Trees’ root systems help prevent soil erosion, which prevents water pollution.
- Trees planted in fields shield against wind and snow and help protect crops.
- Trees provide shade that cools water, benefiting certain species of fish, plus their roots and branches provide space for fish to hide from predators